Tuesday, July 17, 2012

From my couch.. to Disney Princess Half Marathon!! :)

Okay, well I have to say I haven't written a blog post in a long time, so please bear with me. :) I'm starting this blog to track my progress as I make my way to my first ever 1/2 marathon - in Disney! For all of you that know me, know that I'm beyond addicted to Disney World. When I found out about the Disney Princess Half Marathon, I immediately decided to make it one of my weight loss goals, and here I am, running and training to cross that finish line.

When I started this weight loss journey, I didn't expect to be where I am today. I honestly thought that this would just be another one of my "things" where I get all motivated and determined for about 2 weeks, then fall off of the wagon and start living my old life again, eating bad, and not caring. But here I am, 7 months later, 40lbs down, and I'm still going. I think I get more and more proud of myself everyday that I stay on track. Of course, I've done what any person that is in the middle of changing her life will do.. I've fallen off course quite a few times. And I didn't think it would affect me, but it actually makes me feel like crap. Once I get back on, I start to feel great again. I think that's why I'm not giving up, or at least that's one of the reasons why I won't stop what I'm doing.

I hated myself. I hated who I was. I knew I needed to change it. So January 13th, I changed my life. I started eating clean, and working out. And now, 7 months later, I'm training for a 1/2 marathon! I can't believe it! This has been quite a journey, and I've realized recently that it really is a emotional and mental struggle. I've fought against myself so many times. This hasn't been easy whatsoever, especially with everything I have going on. But I've somehow did it. I've pushed through the obstacles, and have made myself better. I still fight with myself constantly, and I still can't stand to look in the mirror, because as they say.. you will always see the old you while everyone else sees the new you. I need to get myself past that fat girl I see in the mirror, and I will someday. But for now, I'm just going to focus on getting myself healthy, happy, and guaranteed to cross that finish line. I can't wait to have my dream come true, and to get that medal. It's going to mean the world to me, I know it. :)

Alright, enough of my babbling.. lol. I need to rest up, get some sleep, and get ready to start week 2 on my C25k! :) Until next time!

Oh..and here's a picture to show my progress in the last few months, and to remind myself of how far I've gotten.. and how far I will continue to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment