Friday, August 10, 2012

A dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes...

..And I've made one of those dreams come true! I'm so excited and happy to finally say..

I'M OFFICIALLY REGISTERED FOR DISNEY'S PRINCESS HALF MARATHON!!

Wooooo!! There is no turning back now! :)

I really can't wait for this run. Only 195 days until I'm in Disney World running for my medal. I've been training harder lately, but only on my running. I haven't been cross training because my calves have been in too much pain. I should be starting week 4 day, but I've decided to take a day off from running and rest my legs. I wouldn't be worried, but there's a difference between muscles being sore, and straight shooting pain. So my legs get a Friday off. But tomorrow, I'm hoping to get right back on and start week 4 with a bang. The last 3 weeks of training have been pretty difficult, and I know I should actually be on week 5 or 6, but I'm okay with where I am. It's getting a little easier with breathing, but I'm still having trouble with it. I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to run longer than 90 seconds since week 3 has you running longer, but I did it. It feels good to know I've trained myself to run a good length of time. And though it wasn't the full 3 minutes straight, I'm still proud of myself, and I know I'll get there.

I'm also finally feeling the consequences of the treadmill.. it's tedious. I feel like I'm running for a lot longer than I really am, so I can't wait to get outside and start training. Of course, once this weather cools down and decides what to do, I'll start running outside. But for now, I'll have to deal with running.. well.. nowhere. lol. I think that the color run will be my first outside running session. I'm so excited to do the color run. It'll be my first 5k, and I think it's a perfect one since it's not really performance based, but more having fun. And I'll get to feel the sensation of being in a race crowd, and seeing how long it takes to start spacing out and whatnot. I think it's a great first 5k to complete and help me train more for the Princess.

The Facebook group has helped me so much with learning about the Princess, and some of the ins and outs. I feel like by the time I get to Disney, I'll know what I'm doing, where I'm going, and I'll feel comfortable in myself to be able to enjoy myself and the race. I'm really hoping to meet some of the Princesses I've talked to on the group. The support on that page is simply amazing, and that's just behind a computer screen. The way that some of the veteran Princesses explain how the race goes makes me know that I definitely won't be alone in this race. It's going to be absolutely amazing, and so awesome, and I really, really can't wait. :)

I hope Jeff is ready too. He's going to be my running man, lol. I told him I would like to see him in Magic Kingdom as I run through the castle, and then at the finish line. All he's got to do is take the monorail.. I have to run it hahah. Maybe that'll guilt trip him. Just kidding! But I would seriously love to see him, and have him see me really doing it. I'm hoping we'll have a video camera by then. It would be great to have some of the race on video, and to be able to look back on it and see how awesome I did! :)

Okay... off to relax and kick my little brother's butt in Mario Kart hahaha. Until next time, Princesses.. :)

oxoxoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment