Thursday, September 20, 2012

In Need of a Little Pixie Dust..

I'm sorry I haven't written in a while.. between my birthday, Jeff's vacation, Fireman's Convention, and all of that fun stuff, I haven't had a chance to get on here..

Not that I really have anything to report. I feel really bad. Running just hasn't been priority to me, and that makes me upset. I'm doing this for me, to change my life, to accomplish goals. I need to just suck it up on the days where I just really don't want to run.

I did do a "long" run this past Saturday on the boardwalk while we were in Wildwood for the convention. I didn't run as long as I wanted to, but I did run a 12 min mile, which to me, is great. I also ran yesterday, but I have no idea what I did because my app wasn't working. And I ran today to make up for yesterday's app mishap lol. I ended up doing 1.03 miles in 14:53. My worst time yet. Not to mention, I've learned the hard way about taking rest days. I was in so much pain, and I'm actually still really sore when I walk. I know that had to interfere with today's run. No more back to back running trying to make up for skipping days, or stupid apps.

I am happy to say that this weekend, I'm running my own 5k. A friend of mine and fellow Princess is hosting a virtual 5k. All I need to do is run a 5k whenever I can, and then donate to Leukemia and Lymphoma, and I get a medal for finishing. I think it's a really great idea. She is raising money for something very, very close to my heart, especially with the recent news about one of my family members, and it'll be my very first medal. :) Meaghan is running with me too, so she gets her chance at a medal. And I know running with Meaghan will make me push myself. She's a really great friend, and one hell of a running partner. :) Stay tuned for a picture of my medal when I get it, and maybe even my time.. if it's good enough lol.

We're 4 days away from being 5 months out until the Princess. I have to say, I'm honestly really, really nervous about it. I'm afraid I'll get swept by the buses. I'm afraid I won't be able to finish. I know I need to get out of that mindset, and keep doing what I'm doing. I just have that beginner's fear - but I know.. like with everything else in my life, if I keep doing what I'm doing, and I just keep ... running (hahaha.. Finding Nemo moment there.. sorry lol), that I know I will get better. It's going to take a little time, and I know I have that time. So I really shouldn't be worried. I just need to get over this anxiety hump, and move it! :)

Alright, well, this is going to be a short entry.. I'm exhausted, and my legs are still killing me.. so it's time to go rest up and relax for Saturday. I hope I won't be away from here that long again. I mean, I do have my own 5k to recap, after all! :)

Until next time, my fellow Princesses!

oxoxoxoxoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment