Monday, October 1, 2012

Time to fight my own Evil Queen...

Happy Monday! Happy 1st of October!

I can't believe it's October already. I absolutely LOVE this time of year! I wait all year for my hoodies and my uggs, and we finally have the perfect weather to break both out. :)

I've also experienced running in cooler weather. I really enjoyed it. I wore a long sleeve tech shirt, and it was perfect. I ran my long run on Saturday.. 3.5 miles. That's the farthest I've ever ran before, so I was pretty proud of myself. I hit 2 miles in 27 minutes and was feeling great. And then it happened. I turned around to complete my run, and I hit the wind. Hard. The 3rd mile felt like it took forever. But I completed it. I finished. And that's all that matters. Though at the time, I didn't feel that way. I was a little upset with my time, until I was reminded that I finished. Who else got up early on a Saturday to run?

I have to remind myself of that when I don't feel like getting out on my running days. Or on the days where my timing isn't where I want it to be. All that matters is that I finish. I mean, it's that simple. That is my goal for the Princess. My only goal. So why am I putting so much pressure of being this runner that I'm not (yet)? Why am I making myself miserable by judging myself on time? Time isn't going to matter to me in February. What's going to matter to me is that I have fun, I meet my fellow Princesses, I have fun, I meet characters, I have fun, I FINISH, and oh, did I mention have fun?

I always do this to myself. I put these unrealistic pressure on myself to be better. And yes, in the long run, it works. I get better. I push myself to do what I need to do to enjoy myself later on. I mean, I won't let myself go to the point where I say "yeah, I really don't need to do this.." and just slack off. I will push myself enough. I think I need to figure out where "enough" really is. Because I don't want to get myself to the point where I no longer enjoy running. And I will admit that Saturday, on my 3rd mile, I started to dislike running. Because I felt like I was failing. But my mind was only on my time. It wasn't on my distance. It wasn't the hill I had to battle going up. It was the time issue. I really need to get myself off of that lol.

I thought I realized that this training was really all mental back when I registered for the Princess. But as we get closer (just under 5 months.. eeeeeek!), I really am seeing that it's a mental battle. More than ever. I guess because I am counting down. And I am seeing how much time I have left. And it's more pressure on myself. I am truly, my own worst enemy. Hahaha.

On a good note, I am getting better at interval training. I'm doing the 1:1 run:walk ratio, and it's really a good interval for me. If I could only get my breathing down, I'd be set. I have no idea why my breathing has all of the sudden sucked. I guess because I was trained to breathe on a treadmill.. and going outside, is a completely different story. It's definitely not climate controlled outside lol. And especially Saturday, running outside, my nose was running, the wind was in my face. So it's definitely something I need to work on. I know that I'll definitely enjoy running more than I do once I get that down.

Okay, on to go rest my foot, since it's still hurting me. Until next time, my fellow Princesses. :)

oxoxoxoxoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment