Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Waiting to dust off the glass sneakers...

Okay, I just have to say.. getting your wisdom teeth pulled really sucks!

I had my surgery last Thursday, and it actually went very well. It felt like it only took about 15 minutes from the time I sat down until the time I got home. I really don't remember anything that happened between all of that lol. I wasn't really in pain until Saturday. That was my worst day.

But it's now Tuesday, and I'm still hurting. I'm trying my best not to take my pain medication, because honestly, I hate taking medicine. Especially prescription medication. But I get to that point where I can't fight it anymore, and I have to do something. I'm wondering how long it's going to take for me not to not have pain anymore. It decreases as the day goes on, but it's just an annoying soreness.

The worst thing about my surgery and recovery is the fact that I haven't been able to run. First it was my foot, and then the surgery.. It's been over a week since I've ran and it's honestly driving me crazy. I miss it. I actually miss it. That's something I never thought I would be saying. I was never really meant to be a runner, or at least that's what I thought. And I still do not think I am a runner. I don't know how far I need to go for me to think of myself as a runner. Maybe one day, I'll have an epiphany and that'll change lol.

I plan on getting back into running though, on Saturday, for my long run. It's 4.5 miles. I'm not going to push it. If I have to walk a mile, I'll walk a mile. I just want to get back out there. I have to remind myself that my long runs are not about time. I think that's my biggest fight with myself.. I'm all about time for some reason. I guess the fact that I have to maintain a 16 min mile is drilled into my head. I want to finish. I don't want to get swept. I want to have time for characters and all of that. But it's not something I should be really worrying about. I have over 4 months to make it better. My time will get better. I also need to remember too, that restarting means taking it easy..and walking isn't against the law. Besides, I have to get ready for my next couple of 5ks coming up!! I'm so excited! :)

Okay.. off to take my antibiotics, and rest. I can't wait for Saturday lol.

Until next time my fellow Princesses!

oxoxoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment