Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A bump in my Fairytale..

Happy November all!

It's been a crazy week here on the East Coast. Hurricane Sandy hit the coast pretty hard, and recovery is long and painful. And the fact that there is another Noreaster headed this way, it's not looking good. Seeing pictures and video of it really puts a damper on everything. And it really hasn't helped my running.

I know I shouldn't make excuses, or blame the storm for my blahness.. but I really have been just.. blah. I hate this feeling. Ever since I had my wisdom teeth pulled and I took off those 2 weeks, getting back into the swing of things has been a lot harder than I thought. I haven't been able to complete my short runs whatsoever, and I only had one really good long run - which was the Saturday that I cleared myself to run again. Since then, it's gone downill. I really hope this is just a temporary bump in the road.

I want to be positive again. I can get excited like there's no tomorrow over Disney, and thinking about the race. But when it comes to training.. its like a black cloud finds me and makes me so unmotivated. I know I'm harder on myself than I should be, because regardless, I'm doing it. I'm out and up and doing what I need to. But at the end of it all, I always get down on myself and saying that I could've done better. Ah, the mindset of an athlete. It's really awesome lol.

There is 106 days until Jeff and I leave for Princess weekend. That's crazy! I can't believe it's just a little over 3 months to go! I'm just hoping that as it gets closer, and more things are revealed for the race, I'll get even more excited and that'll prompt me to get my motivation back! I need to find my groove again.. I had a really good one going before my stupid surgery lol. Though I did run today, and get 33 minutes in. But I wanted to get at least 4 miles in, and I only got in 2.. so eh. But I haven't been able to complete my 30 min runs.. so getting to 33 minutes was good. I ran on the treadmill, and actually ran at least 4-5 minutes before power walking. And my breathing was really good. So I'm wondering if I should just do my short runs on the treadmill knowing that I'll get it done, and then do my long runs outside. But I realized today that I really dislike treadmills now.. though it helped me breathe better, and I ran longer.. it's not the same. I like going outside, and training on actual terrain and whatnot. I don't know.. I guess we'll find out Thursday on my next short run.. looking to get 2 more miles in.

Ah well.. off to watch some more Big Bang Theory, and snuggle with my sick puppy. <3

Until next time, Princesses!

PS - If you have some extra motivating Pixie Dust, please send some my way! :)

2 comments:

  1. It's ok! You will get back in your groove soon. Hang in there.

    --Meliha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I got it back for my weekend run.. I just hope it sticks with me for this weekend's 5k! :)

    ReplyDelete