Tuesday, November 27, 2012

From One Princess to Another.. :)

Well, here I am again! Except, this time, we're even closer to the Princess! It's unbelievable that there is less than 90 days until we're in Disney World, walking around, and showing off our new bling! The time went by so quickly, and it brings on the feeling of excitement. But for some of us, it brings on an additional, uneasy feeling... that feeling of "Only 90 days?! Crap!"

For me, it's more excitement, and a little bit of nervousness. This is my first half, after all. And I want to enjoy every moment of it, but I also want to be completely prepared in being able to finish it. I think we all put stresses on ourselves to make sure we have good time, and good intervals. But this is training- we're all going to be hard on ourselves. We want to be our best. It's going to be different when we're all there, at the starting line in our corrals. The actual moment we've spent hours, days, weeks, and months training and preparing for. And right there, right at that moment, we'll know that we got this. 13.1 miles is nothing. It's a nice run down the road, characters included. It's pictures, friends, smiles, and fun. All of those torturous runs, those freezing cold runs, the pains and aches, and the injuries will then prove that it's all been worth it.

I am beyond grateful for my fellow Princesses, and my newfound friendships I've developed over these last few months. I am running this race solo, if you want to be specific about it. And I will admit that though I'm very active on the Princess page, I still felt alone. But in the last few weeks, that's changed. I know I won't be alone. I know I'll have my fellow Princesses next to me, ready to have fun, and earn new bling. We'll be there to support each other to the finish line, just we have been all of this time. It's nice to not feel alone in this. To know that we're all in this together, for the same thing. Some of us are quicker, some of us are slower. There are beginner runners, intermediate, and the ones who seem to do every half imaginable (at least in the eyes of the beginners lol), and that doesn't matter. We're all the same. We're Princesses. Whether we're running for ourselves, for a friend, a charity, or whatever.. at the end of the day, we're all Princesses. And at the end of the day, I'm blessed to call you all my friends.

I thank you for every piece of advice, every smile, every sprinkle of Pixie Dust, and every word of encouragement you all have given me. I know I wouldn't have been able to do this without any of you. I'm so happy to share this experience with you all, and I can't wait for the day we blow up the Princess page with pictures of ourselves finally rockin our bling!

As I sit here, 7 miles under my belt - the farthest I've ever gone.. I say Here's to Us - May we continue to have kick ass runs. May we always find comfort and encouragement in one another, and may we all have an amazing time earning our most wanted, most deserved bling!

Keep kicking butt, Princesses!

Love, hugs, and Pixie Dust!

oxoxoxoxo.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great Heather! I cant wait to see you in February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Amy! I can't wait to see you either! :)

    ReplyDelete